CV Defense is your daily supplement for supporting your immune system.
The immune system is one of the most complicated things on the planet. It consists of barriers to the outside environment like your skin & mucus membranes, your innate immune function like cells that respond to provocation and your adaptive immunity that can recognize specific challenges to the immune system and rally a tailored response.
We don’t always understand the complexities of how the immune system is protecting us – but we can measure the supplements that make it work better.
That’s why CV Sciences' medical and science team formulated CV Defense with specific vitamins, minerals and researched ingredients to provide daily fortification of barrier, innate, and adaptive immune function. With guidance from a team of experienced researchers and clinicians.
- An antioxidant that helps to regulate your innate & adaptive immune systems – particularly the T-cells
- Plays a critical role in the normal formation of skin cells and the mucous membranes that protect your nose and throat
- Involved in regulating the growth and specialization (differentiation) of epithelial cells that line the nose and throat
- As early as 1928, Vitamin A was recognized as a nutrient required for the normal functioning of the immune system
Often known as the sunshine vitamin, it’s essential for good health – but up to 42% of the adult population in the US has low vitamin D levels because very few foods contain significant amounts.
- Vitamin D is essential for the efficient utilization of calcium by the body
- The Vitamin D receptor exists in most of the cells of the body and is thought to directly or indirectly regulate ~1,250 genes
- Vitamin D is a potent immune system modulator and its receptor is expressed by most cells of the immune system, including regulatory T cells, dendritic cells and macrophages and there’s evidence that Vitamin D has a variety of effects on the immune system including enhanced innate immunity
- According to cross-sectional data from +18,000 participants, the lower the level of Vitamin D in your blood, the greater the chance of upper respiratory tract infections
- Low levels of sunlight and living in higher latitudes have been associated with the onset and progression of autoimmune disorders – talk to your doctor about getting tested
- Plant based Vitamin D3- sourced from lichen
Zinc (as zinc picolinate):
- A Readily absorbable form of zinc supplementation
- An essential micronutrient that is crucial to almost every aspect of health and is second only to iron as your most abundant trace mineral
- An antioxidant that also helps to regulate the immune system
- Human clinical trials support Zinc supplementation for immune benefits
Selenium (as L-selenomethionine):
- This naturally occurring mineral is coincidentally found in healthy foods and the L-enantiomer is considered a highly bioavailable form
- It’s an antioxidant on its own and helps to regulate glutathione, a critical endogenous antioxidant
- The immune system relies on adequate selenium intake and this mineral is necessary for the incorporation into over twenty different selenoproteins that exhibit a wide variety of immune functions
CV Daily Immune Blend:
The endocannabinoid-like PEA + the mushroom of immortality reishi. Organic Reishi (mycelium) Mushroom Extract: This fungus, known as ‘the mushroom of immortality’, has been used in traditional Chinese medicines for 2,000 years.
- Reishi contain complex polysaccharides called β-glucans that encourage a vigilant and healthy immune system
- In worm studies, the extract causes an antiaging effect that significantly prolongs lifespan
- According to one review, “the immuno-modulating effects of G. lucidum polysaccharides were extensive”
This is the super special ingredient in this CV immune Defense mix: PEA is a cannabinoid-like molecule that’s naturally produced by your brain and body. It interacts with the endocannabinoid system to enhance balance in all kinds of ways. In fact, it appears that PEA exists at low levels in every mammalian cell and is helpful for a healthy immune response.
- More than 3,000 participants took part in six double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials demonstrating PEA has benefits in immune health
- PEA is often referred to as a homeostasis mechanism for inflammation
- PEA interacts with the glial cells of the brain. These support cells are the most abundant type of cell in the human nervous system
- It works by binding to the PPAR-α receptor on the surface of the nucleus and changing genetic transcription. It’s a high-level influencer and director of immune responses
- There’s been a huge amount of studies on this molecule and there’s also one phrase you read repeatedly: “We also noted its safety due to the total absence of adverse effects.”
These vitamins, minerals, herbs, and cannabinoid-like compounds work together to be a huge supporter of our immune system. Try it today to protect yourself for tomorrow.